Kinetech mission is to serve as a transformative catalyst for good through our people and work. We hire the best people we can find to help make this future a reality.
Category - Engineering
Job Type - Full-time
Location - Remote
Report to - COO
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Quarterly bonuses based on Management by Objective (MBOs)
- Opportunity to earn equity Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
- Flexible work schedule, Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
WHO WE ARE:
Kinetech is a high-growth company that takes pride in solving our clients most challenging process and technical challenges with industry leading technology (the Mendix Platform) and unparalleled support.
Information technology has the potential to unlock value for every organization. We know the best solutions augment and enhance human intelligence, not replace it. Through disciplined strategy, agile software-delivery, and global support - we drive sustainable digital innovation for our clients.
SOPHISTICATED SOFTWARE. SIMPLE SOLUTIONS.
Kinetech is a custom Software as a Service (SaaS) provider and business solutions firm. We are a US based technology consulting firm that designs, delivers, and supports custom cloud software that turns potential into performance & drives meaningful return on investment (ROI) for our clients.
We are a company with a fierce entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We live our values:
- Client Value Creation - Create value through aligned interests
- Have Fun - Solve real problems. Celebrate success.
- Excellence - It’s a habit. Continually Improve
- Meritocracy - Best people. Best ideas win. Results speak for themselves.
- Integrity - Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
- Stewardship - Think long-term
Our office space / HQ is set in the heart of the tech-bloc in downtown San Antonio.
Kinetech is a Platform Mendix partner and value added reseller (VAR) of the Mendix platform - the leader in the low-code Platform as a Service (PaaS) space. Our business has two revenue streams. The first is subscription software for the applications we build and support for our clients. The second is professional service and consulting fees for building software on the platform to meet a clients specific needs.
You will join the delivery organization within Kinetech, a team whose focus is to solve our client's toughest process and technical challenges. In doing so, you will help Kinetech fulfill our mission and achieve our long term strategy. We are an award-winning organization striving to become an INC 5000 business by 2020.
Reporting directly to the COO, you will be responsible for building enterprise-grade cloud software using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for learning agile delivery and the Kinetech Digital Execution Strategy to effectively build, and support web and mobile software applications. The role will have two major focus areas:
- The first is to learn agile software delivery, get Mendix certified, and retain technical knowledge
- The second is to design, build, and support web and mobile software applications
In this dynamic environment, you will work cross functionally with sales, delivery, and support. Ultimately your performance and compensation will be determined by your ability to learn the Mendix platform and deliver value to our clients through consulting and custom cloud software. We have exceptional people, enterprise technology, and technical resources. We need critical thinking, problem-solving, technical personnel who are passionate about using software to solve problems.
1. WHAT YOU WILL DO - LEARN AGILE, MENDIX, & THE KINETECH WAY
- Get introduced to our company, processes, and procedures
- Learn the Kinetech Digital Execution Strategy
- Learn agile software delivery
- Continue technical education through Mendix certifications (Beginner, Advanced, Expert, and MVP)
2. WHAT YOU WILL DO - DESIGN, BUILD, & SUPPORT WEB / MOBILE APPS
At a high-level, you will become a Business Engineer - a critical thinker and excellent communicator that can understand business processes and translate them into user stories and ultimately functional software.
Specifically you will:
- Collaborate with the sales engineering team to understand the challenges the client is looking to address
- Quickly learn the client's functional needs and convert them to user stories
- Work with the delivery team to create a sprint schedule
- Take ownership of user stories, build software, and commit your work to the team repository
- Learn how to architect databases / data-models
- Learn how to build web & mobile applications / forms and expose data from the database
- Learn how to build microflows and microservices to perform complex logic / calculations
- Perform unit, user acceptance (UAT), and integration testing where applicable
- Learn how to build and consume REST services
- Refine consulting skills (proficient oral and written presentation skills)
- Identify additional areas within a client's organization
Specific applications can take many forms, here are a few examples:
- Innovation Apps: Offering new products or services (digital products, IoT / AI, New Channels, etc.)
- Operational Efficiency: Streamlining repetitive processes (integrating systems, scheduling software, Q/A, compliance, creating strategic workflows, etc.)
- Modernize legacy systems: Rebuilding / replacing apps that are falling out of support windows or have become to rigid / costly to maintain
- Customer Engagement: B2B applications, order management, B2C portals / applications
WHO YOU ARE:
- An experienced consultant (3+ years) in software / IT consulting working with a technology-centric consulting firm or organization
- A critical thinker who enjoys solving poorly defined problems
- An effective collaborator who enjoys working with colleagues and clients
- A results oriented self-starter who embraces challenges
- A fast learner who is coachable and can coach others
- A competitive individual who loves winning and hates losing
- An opportunistic individual who recognizes the potential of low-code platforms / custom software with a an understanding of agile delivery
- A disciplined professional who is not intimidated to learn technical skills
- A proficient communicator (oral and written)
- Confident at working with executives and collaborating with subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment, with strong time management and prioritization skills
- A high-integrity individual who does what they say and says what they’ll do
- Strong attention to detail and high standard for quality and professionalism
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills and enjoys flexible working arrangements
- Willingness to travel (when necessary) to deliver applications, run important meanings, meet quarterly with board / executive team
- Highly proficient general computational skills
- Experience / willingness to work remote
If you are as ambitious as we are, we want to hear from you but before applying please ask yourself:
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We really want to hear about your experience, why you chose this career, and where you think you will find the most sales success.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements