- Implemented QR Code solution for credentialing personnel in just 3 weeks
- Integrated QR Scanner with Guido PM ERP solution for streamlined operations
- Enabled generation of unique QR Codes for each employee, linked to account information
- Developed a companion mobile app for on-site personnel to scan QR codes, retrieve information, and input health data
- Enhanced safety measures by recording temperatures and health-related answers through QR code scans
- Seamless integration with native QR code readers on smartphones, eliminating the need for additional hardware
- Improved transparency for contact tracing by recording temperature checks upon entry and exit from job sites
- Kinetech's Digital Execution Strategy ensured efficient collaboration, producing a quick and effective solution
Guido Construction Company (Guido) is a 5th generation General Contractor based in San Antonio, Texas. They are an Association of General Contractors (AGC) award-winning firm with an outstanding safety record. Guido has completed some of the most iconic work in San Antonio including the Children’s Museum (DoSeum), the Riverwalk, Hemisphere 68, the Botanical Gardens, San Antonio Zoo, and the Alamo to name a few.
The DoSeum - San Antonio Children's Museum. Built by Guido Construction with Kinetech Software
Guido is a large General Contractor (GC) employing over 150 employees while managing 1000s of subcontractors. Guido is a pioneer in adopting and deploying technology solutions across their organization and the projects they manage.
"We immediately contacted Kinetech because we knew they possessed the knowledge and low-code skills necessary to implement the solution we envisioned,” said Cosmo Guido - VP of Construction.
In the spring of 2020, COVID-19 forced economic lockdown throughout the United States. Only essential businesses were permitted to operate with increased measures put in place to maintain the safety of all stakeholders. Operating through it required increased safety measures for both customers and employees.
“Our commitment to our employees and clients mandated we act quickly to provide a scalable solution to properly document and track personnel coming and going from a job site. We immediately contacted Kinetech because we knew they possessed the knowledge and low-code skills necessary to implement the solution we envisioned,” said Cosmo Guido - VP of Construction
To ensure the safety of their workforce and help contain the virus, Guido needed a scalable way to credential personnel arriving on their job sites, ensure they had proper personal protective equipment (PPE), and were not running a fever – generally accepted best-in-class health practices.
To address this challenge, Guido wanted a simple QR Scanner integrated with their ERP solution (Guido PM - a Kinetech designed, built, and maintained SaaS solution) to quickly credential employees, pull up their account information, and answer questions around health and temperature.
The challenge to ensure safety and contain the virus was three-fold:
- Ensure a scalable way to credential personnel arriving on their job sites.
- Document that employees / personnel on job sites had proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ensure personnel were not running a fever by documenting their arrival & departure temperatures daily (the generally accepted best-n-class health practice).
Kinetech’s key objectives were:
- Build a new low-code module that could capture images to credential / badge visitors to the job site.
- Generate a unique QR Code for each account
- Render the person's name, image, and unique QR Code for print on an ID card
- Construct a complimentary mobile app to allow for personnel on the job site to scan the QR code, retrieve the person's information and enter their health data (questions & temperature upon arrival / departure).
Guido Construction - Actual QR Code Generated from Mendix App
Kinetech quickly scoped, built, and deployed a module into their enterprise Project Management (PM) solution Guido PM using Mendix - a low-code development platform. Kinetech business engineers served as solution architect, lead developer, and user experience (UX) specialist. Leveraging the Kinetech Digital Execution Strategy and working closely with the product owner from the client, Kinetech produced a solution in three weeks.
The new module allows Guido Construction to:
- Generate unique QR Codes.
- Take and upload ID photos.
- Print credentialed ID cards.
- Check-in personnel via a QR Code scan.
- Record and flag temperatures.
- Record answers to questions about travel and symptoms.
The solution utilizes the native QR code readers built into modern smartphones thereby eliminating the need to purchase any additional hardware.
When personnel arrive onsite, a Guido employee scans their QR Code and takes their temperature using a thermal forehead reader. While awaiting the temperature check, the scanned QR code automatically pulls up the employee record to enter their temperature and record their answers. This process takes place upon entering and leaving the job site to provide transparency for contact tracing.
Kinetech, a platform Mendix partner, is a provider of custom enterprise software, delivered through the cloud with a focus on improved business productivity. The company focuses on cloud, mobile, and integrated technologies that solve real client problems. Kinetech’s service offerings are configured and integrated with other web services (APIs), platforms, and enterprise applications (CRM, ERP, HCM). The company delivers its offerings via internet browsers and on mobile devices. Kinetech designs, builds, and supports mission-critical applications, client/vendor portals, and modernizes legacy systems. Its cloud offerings include Digital Factory (Manufacturing), Kinetech PM (Construction / Project Management), GovTech (Government Technology) Cloud, and other bespoke solutions (Enterprise Cloud).